Pages

Monday, May 7, 2012

Krafty in color

Well it's back to work this morning, always much harder to do after a nice long vacation. I had this image colored and waiting for me on my desk from before we left, so I put it together today. Went with a lot of kraft cardstock, the image was stamped and colored with colored pencils on kraft, and also created a background pattern on kraft.


If any of you have tried to stamp on kraft cardstock with light colors, you know it's not the easiest thing to do. I haven't really found inks that show up well enough for my tastes, so I dug out my Adirondack paint dabbers. Those little sponge dabbers work really well for inking stamps, so I pulled out WMS's chevron background and stamped it in Cool Peri and Willow paint. That worked much better, as long as you clean the stamp immediately after stamping! I use an old toothbrush to really get into all the nooks and crannies so that NO paint remains. It will not come off later.



I then stamped a coordinating patterned paper with PTI's Beautiful Blooms II using colors from the same family of Adirondack inks. 


How about that pretty little vintage label sentiment, like it? I LOVE it! It's coming out this week with Lili of the Valley's new release. A whole pant load of sentiments for every occasion! I love the label shape so much, but LOTV, pleasepleaseplease give us a matching die?!! Maybe if enough of us bug them, they might consider it? (fingers crossed)
OR, if there is a digital cut file expert out there.... hint, hint....lol.


Well I'm off to work, time to see what a mess is waiting for me there...groan. Have a great day!



Stamps: Lili of the Valley 'Puppy Love' and Vintage Labels Occasions (May 9th)
Ink: Memento, Distress, Adirondack
Paper: PTI
Tools & Accessories: Flower dies from Papertrey Ink, wool felt (from stash), PTI button, satin ribbon, Spellbinders Fleur de Lis squares, Lyra colored pencils, OMS, Pan Pastels, Adirondack paint dabbers, Gelly Roll pen

4 comments:

  1. Love this card Katarina. You're so brave taking to your stamps with paint! But the effect is stunning. I love this LOTV stamp and the colours you've used are fabulous. The background you've painted is also wonderful, so effective. I must say though, the felt flower is the perfect finish to this beautiful card. A really beautiful bloom. What did you use for the die? Love it x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used the Beautiful Blooms die set from Papertrey Ink. Thank you for the kind words!

      Delete
  2. Love your card! The coloring & painted background are fabulous. Definitely a wow card!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment!