Pages

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Old Thyme Christmas

Hello everyone! I had a nice long weekend to get caught up on lots of stuff at home, managed to get some stamping/coloring time in too! I'm furiously trying to put a dent in the ole Christmas cards for family/friends pile. This is one of my favorite older PTI sets, Friendship Jar Holiday Fillers. I love all the little fillers you can use to put in the jar, candies, snowmen, snowflakes...


I used this gorgeous vintage collage patterned paper from Summertime Designs 'Old Fashioned Christmas'. I just love antique Christmas images, I wish I I had a collection of old postcards, calendars and greeting cards. The art was just incredible, and there's just something about the colors that were popular back then....



The candy cane jar was colored with Copics, added a little white highlight along the tops with a Sharpie Poster pen to make them look shiny. A twill bow, some tea dyed bakers twine and little colored jingle bells tied around them finishes it off nicely.


The sentiment seal is from Catslife Press, layered over some Giga snowflake punches. 


Thanks for visiting!


Stamps: PTI, Catslife Press
Ink: Adirondack, Distress
Paper: PTI, Stardream, Hammermill
Tools & Accessories: Nestabilities circles, Tonic ticket corner punch, Marvy/Uchida giga snowflake punch, Stickles, Copics, Sharpie Poster pen, gingham ribbon, PTI impression plate, twill ribbon, baker's twine, jingle bells



3 comments:

  1. I love it!
    perfect christmas card :)
    Great effect with the highlight pen, looks shiny for real!
    Love the diferent ribbons and twine
    Have a nice day
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katarina, i love your card. It's so beautiful and those papers are stunning. The image is also very nice.
    Hugs, Yvon

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is do fabulous! I love every detail!
    Kindest regards,
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment!