Pages

Friday, November 18, 2011

Dashing through the snow....

 Good morning folks! It's Friday-ay-ay! (I've got the weekend off, so I'm excited, lol!) 
I've got another explosion box posted on the LOTV Inspire blog, take a peek if you've got a minute! 
I don't think I've ever made a clear card using acetate for the card base, but I've always admired them. I decided it was time to try.



It didn't come out quite perfect, clear cards require a lot more planning and forethought, which is really not the way I normally work, but for a first attempt it's OK. I used PTI's In the Meadow stamp set again.
I did not have a white permanent ink to use on the acetate, so I tried using an Adirondack paint dabber. It stamped really well, nice and opaque. I'm not sure how well it holds up though, I'll have to keep an eye on it to see if the paint scrapes off after drying for a while. 


I realized after I completed the card, of course, that there is no where to sign the card inside. The patterned paper 'hills' were supposed to be in the inside of the card, but I had already adhered the pine tree down and there was no way I would be able to remove it to put in the hills first. So I had to adhere them to the back of the card. Oh well, I'll know better next time!


Another episode in the adventures of paper crafting has come to an end for now...until next time!


Take care....


Stamps and dies from PTI, Verve & Basic Grey
Papers and ribbon from SU
Palette inks
Adirondack paint daubers
Glitter Ritz glitter and Sookwang double sided adhesive

6 comments:

  1. What a stunner this is!!!!! Love the scene you created

    Hugs
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally, totally gorgeous! This would be a card you would keep & put out on display year after year if you were lucky enough to receive it in the mail!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely stunning card I absolutely love what you've done with it.Love Debbie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunningly beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wowzers! Is this ever Gorgeous! Wow! Love the whole thing! 8-)

    Hugs
    Shannon

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment!