Pages

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Lili of the Valley Thursday Challenge 'Warm and Cozy'

Hello folks! It's time for our Thursday challenge again, our theme is all things warm and cozy. If you haven't read it already on the LOTV blog, the challenge DT has been split in two. Team A will participate in one week's challenge, Team B will do the next and so on. Makes things a lot easier I think.
Anyway, I dug through last year's Christmas release for this beauty, 'Mary and Joseph'. The little baby Jesus is all warm and cozy in his loving mother's arms.


I've been wanting to do an LOTV image on Kraft for a while, gives it a totally different look don't you think? The light brown gives the whole thing a very warm feel. I used a combination of Copics, then went back with my colored pencils to deepen the shadows. These two mediums work very well together, I've discovered. As long as you remember to color with Copics FIRST! If you do not, you will ruin your marker! 



Thanks for taking a peek, have a great day!
Stamps: Lili of the Valley
Ink: Memento, Versamark
Paper: PTI, My Mind's eye, SU
Tools & Accessories: silk ribbon, snowflake charm, Swarovski crystal, beads, Copics, colored pencils, Stickles, Spellbinders Labels, McGill circle punch, Vanilla embossing powder

3 comments:

  1. Wow, this is absolut gorgeous. Love your coloring on craft.
    Hugs, Yvon

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely stunning!! The colouring is be-a-utiful, I wish I could colour like that - thanks for the tip with the pencils (I sometimes use copics and distress inks together) - brilliant layout and colours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a beautiful card. Your coloring is outstanding and your choices of layout and paper are wonderful. Hugs, Gail

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment!