Pages

Monday, September 5, 2011

Twinkling Star

Good morning friends. Should I take a break from Christmas cards yet? That's hard to do since it is my favorite holiday. I love all things snow, Santa, snowmen, trees, holly, berries and the list goes on. I never get tired of it. Not to worry, I've got some other projects up my sleeve that do not involve Christmas. I think...
Anyway, I am so pleased with this card. I rarely use silver so it was a bit of a challenge for myself, and I am so happy I tried it. I colored a TON of images while our power was out this past week. I just sat out on my back deck with my Copics and a stack of stamped images. Since I didn't have a particular color scheme from patterned paper I would use, I just winged it and used whatever I wanted. So now I had this pretty little doll in green and white fur and I didn't have matching PP. This called for some neutral colors. 


As I was digging through my stash, I came across this flocked snowflake paper from Stampin Up. Right on my table was a scrap of silver shimmer cardstock. I tested it and it looked perfect together! So the white/silver/green color scheme was born.


A few silver flourishes from a Marianne Creatables die, some snowflakes and silver ribbon finish off the card perfectly. 
I may be keeping this card...lol!


I thought I'd share another project I just finished, nothing to do with cards. I'm sure I'm not the only paper crafter out there that dabbles in several different hobbies, and one of the other things I love to do is beading/jewelry. I am obsessed with Swarovski crystals! I have tons of them in so many gorgeous colors my mouth waters when I pull out my bead box and start digging through them. I could spend hours shopping for beads! Anyway, usually I make simple necklaces, cell phone charms or charm bracelets but about a year ago I started making these dangles to hang from my rear view mirror in my car. I spend a LOT of time in my car driving to and from work everyday, so it makes sense to have some bling in my car, right?


Here's what I'm talking about...

It's simply strung on some invisible elastic string with a loop on top that easily fits over my mirror. If you could see the way these crystals sparkle and shimmer in the sunlight, it's amazing! There is nothing like Swarovski IMO!

A close up of the cluster on the bottom of the dangle...



I came across these beautiful matte Lucite leaves in an Etsy store and knew I had my autumn car bling project ready to go! There's even an acorn crystal to tie in with the autumn theme. I've been making different dangles so I can change them out for all the seasons/holidays. I'll show you all more if you'd like to see them.


Pheww! Long post! Are you still with me? Thanks for visiting, I hope you've gotten some inspiration today!


Card supplies-
Stamps: Lili of the Valley 'Twinking Star' & Verses clear set
Ink: Memento
Paper: Heavenly White card base, Hammermill, Stardream, Bazzill, Silver Lustre, SU
Tools & Accessories: silver satin ribbon, snowflake charm, Copics, Marianne Creatables dies, Martha Stewart snowflake punches, Viva Decor Pearl Pen, Stickles

4 comments:

  1. Love your card Katrina, and the dangly thing for your car is just gorgeous! I for one would love to see some more.

    Hugs

    Judi x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is simple but elegant. i never know to color the picture to the paper or visa versa. I love Swarovski. I made jewelry before I got hooked on copics. Please show more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMGosh your card is beautiful. I'm going to have to order that adorable little image for sure :) I also love your autumn beads. What a lovely bit of bling to catch the light while you're driving along!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the card and wouls love to see more of your pretty danglys.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment!