Pages

Friday, September 9, 2011

Jolly Japes!

Good morning blog friends! Here's another spooky Halloween card for you using the wonderful Waltzingmouse Stamp set 'Cicely at Halloween'. When I saw the sentiment 'Jolly Japes' I laughed out loud. It sounds so innocent! I have never heard this phrase before, but I could pretty much guess at it's meaning. I looked it up anyway:
jape  (jp)
v. japedjap·ingjapes
v.intr.
To joke or quip.
v.tr.
To make sport of.
n.
A joke or quip.

[Middle English japen, probably from Old French japerto yap, chatter, nagof imitative origin.]

Perfect for a vintage looking Halloween card. LOVE it!


I printed out this digital background paper from the 'Hallow's Eve' collection from Raspberry Road Designs. Then I went to work hunting down some spooky cut files for my Gazelle. The row of grave stones is actually a font, a set of Halloween dingbats. 
I colored Cicely with my colored pencils and cut her out completely. I wanted her to be a part of the whole scene, sneaking through the cemetery on All Hallow's Eve, lol! 



I dyed some seam binding with homemade spray mists from Adirondack reinkers. I never have the color ribbon I need for a project when I need it, which is funny because I have tons of ribbon, lol. 
Gotta run.
Thanks for visiting!



1 comment:

I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment!