Pages

Saturday, September 3, 2011

Count Your Blessings

Hello everyone, I wanted to share this pretty fall card with you all today. With the nights getting cooler, back to school for the kids, it's time to start thinking autumn. Spring and fall are my favorite times of the year, both bursting with color. Although fall is by far the most beautiful with all the reds, golds and yellows of the all the trees, it makes me feel slightly nervous about the coming winter. 


I did a simple rock 'n roll technique with these Papertrey Ink leaves, first inking with the lighter colors, then adding darker colors to the bottoms and edges of the leaves. Thank goodness PTI has coordinating leaf dies for this stamp set, cutting them all out by hand would be tedious work!


The first Label layer was cut out of double sided adhesive paper so I could apply the burnished velvet technique to it with Glitter Ritz. The camera doesn't show the true sparkle and beauty of it. 
I wanted some tiny pip berry branches among the colorful leaves, so I had to come with something on my own. I didn't have any premade in my stash. I took some leftover wires from paper flowers I had and colored them brown with a Copic. I twisted them in bunches of three, then with some Viva Decor Pearl pens, added the 'berries' to the tips. LOVE the look of these!


Thanks for visiting!


Most supplies from Papertrey Ink except ink: Adirondack, ribbon: twill, Spellbinders Labels and Martha Stewart edge punch. 

1 comment:

I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment!