Pages

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Lili of the Valley Thursday Sketch Challenge # 107

Hello blog friends! We have another sketch this week for our LOTV challenge, a pretty simple one by our very own Domi. 
I decided to go back the the adorable girls from our previous release, 'Maisie Two Balloons'. I never got around to coloring this little cutie, and I knew I wanted to do some paper piecing with some pretty papers. Once again, theses papers are digital. These are from Tracy Ann's Digital Art. Gorgeous papers in that shop!


I colored little Maisie with my Copics, added some shading to the paper piecing too. The little flowers were punched from some EK Success flower punches with Viva Decor Pearl Pen centers. 


I added the scallop border around the oval using a straight edge punch. I punched a long strip of paper, then cut tiny little slits all along the un-punched edge vertically every 1/4" or so. It was simple enough to curve the strip around the oval using this technique. You could add scallops to any shape, lol!


Hope she puts a little smile on your face, thanks for stopping by!



3 comments:

  1. OMGosh this is so adorable and soooo beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, this is soo Adorable!! What a Sweet image and love your Wonderful coloring and Fab paper piecing too. I love Tracy Ann's Digi dp's, so manyDarling collections!

    Hugs
    Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Katarina - what a beautiful card - I love the paper piecing it looks fabulous. I look forward to seeing your next creation. Hazel x

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment!