Pages

Thursday, March 3, 2011

The Color Blue....

Good morning everyone, it's time for another Impression Obsession challenge. This week we're using the color blue for our inspiration. Here's what I came up with:


I've always admired brayered backgrounds with black silhouettes for their elegant, simple beauty, so I tried that out. I used Leaf Silhouettes 7 and   for this card,  just stamped in black Memento ink. The moon was masked off with a post it note before I started brayering, then I went back with the negative mask and added the yellow with a sponge dauber.


While I was stamping the leaves I was thinking what kind of patterned paper I should use for the card base. I didn't want anything too busy to distract from the main image, it needed to be simple and subtle. Well, I couldn't think of anything in my stash that would be right, and I didn't feel like digging anyway, lol. I chose to stamp a light blue background with the Music Cover-a-Card. Perfect! Now I could call this card 'Moonlight Sonata', haha!
The sentiment is also from Impression Obsession, 'If you are Grateful'.

Now hop on over to the IO blog to see what's new, then you can check out the rest of the DT's Blue cards for more inspiration.

If you want to play along with our challenge, you can enter to win a $25 gift certificate. You can read all the details on the Impression Obsession blog.

Thanks for visiting!

Stamps: Impression Obsession
Ink: Distress, Adirondack, Memento
Paper: PTI
Tools & Accessories: brayer, silver satin ribbon, Spellbinders Labels, Mega Mount

5 comments:

  1. A really gorgeous moon and card too! It's like looking through a window.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a BEAUTIFUL card...and I just love that sentiment...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your brayering turned out really well! I have never tried this so thank you for describing it. I love the silhouette branches. And the sentiment is wonderful. Beautiful card, thank you for sharing!

    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a peaceful easy feeling this card brings. Love this Kathy -- just too serene!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful! You did a great job with your brayer and I am thinking I may need to try this idea (love your moon). Fabulous choice for the branches and the sentiment. Even though this card is a bit different from your usual style, your eye for color and layout came shining thru.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment!