Pages

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Sepia Sailboat

Here's something totally different from what I normally do. I really wanted to try a monochromatic card, with the image colored only in Sepia tones, like the old photographs. At first I tried coloring this JustRite sailboat with my colored pencils, but didn't like the end result. I opted for water coloring with Distress Ink (Vintage Photo), and liked that much better. I embossed the image in brown embossing powder to make it a bit easier to water color without worrying too much about going out of the lines.

I'm pretty partial to this card, something about it I really like. I'm glad I chose to throw in some blue, to break up all the browns though. The background is an Impression Obsession Cover-a-card Map stamp. Notice the twine stitching around the edges of the card front, not something I will be doing again any time soon, lol! But it is a perfect touch for this nautical themed card. Hand stitching that was the most time consuming!


I stamped the map stamp inside the card as well, just in a much lighter color. The sentiment is one of my favorite quote stamps, also from Impression Obsession. 


Thanks for visiting and stay close in the near future, I will be having some Blog Candy to give away!

Stamps: Impression Obsession, JustRite
Ink: Versamark, Distress
Paper: SU, water color paper, Core'dinations
Accessories: Martha Stewart edge punch, Nestabilities, twine, needle, grosgrain ribbon, antique  metal brad

5 comments:

  1. An amazing card with all that wonderful detail... beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi again, just dropped by to look at more of your awesome work. I like all of the distressing you do.
    Hugs, dj1952

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty. Just wanted to tell you that every time I send one of your cards I bought from your etsy store to someone, they always tell me how beautiful the card is.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning! I love the way this looks - the colors, the sentiment - just everything about it!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment!