Pages

Friday, September 10, 2010

The House on the Hill...

When it comes to Halloween, I love making really eerie scenes. I love the cutesy stuff too, but the Gothic creepiness is what I really love! Here's a perfect example of what I mean:



I wanted to make a really old looking, distressed frame for this haunted house image, something that could be hanging on the walls inside it. To do this I simply cut some strips of paper and mitered the corners like a real picture frame. I painted them with black crackle paint before putting it together. I also did some sanding to age it a bit more and bring out the base color through the crackle. 
The main image was stamped and embossed on some Memory Box patterned paper. I wanted the full moon to be lighter than the rest of the scene so I masked it with a post it and did some light sponging in black. 

The damask background paper was also stamped with a resist technique, using PTI's Damask Designs stamps.

Thanks for dropping by!

Stamps: Stampin' Up, PTI
Ink: Versamark, Distress
Paper: PTI, Memory Box, Stardream silver shimmer
Accessories: SU striped ribbon, black embossing powder, EK Success bat chain punch, dimensional paint, Crackle paint, clear embossing powder, brayer

7 comments:

  1. Great job ... one of my favorite sets from SU.. L

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy Cow!!!! Perfect Halloween!!!! I still have the one you sent me on the wall! never too it down!! You are a genius at these!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a spectacular Halloween card Katarina!! Your image turned out just perfect and I love the border you have used :) Have a great weekend ..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhhhhhhhh! Scary! Love this,great image and technique! TFS! :) Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  5. hallo katarina, heb je blogg ontdekt!!! wat een gewelgig mooi creaties maak jij je kleuren zijn geweldig mooi wat een talent ik ga je volgen zodat ik niets mis van je mooie kaarten.
    xx petra

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment!