Pages

Thursday, July 22, 2010

LOTV Thursday Challenge: Old Fashioned Christmas

There's another Thursday sketch challenge over at the LOTV blog. I love this sketch, anything with scallops, and I'm a happy camper!



This is another new Lili of the Valley stamp called Christmas Candle. I wanted to use very antique, victorian type papers for this image, because her coat and hood remind me of this style. I chose my very favorite Christmas papers of all time, Cosmo Cricket's Wonderland.
Of course I had to color her velvet coat and hoot red, and add fluffy Polar White Flower Soft to her hat.




A big striped bow, some pearls and Stickles and it's as pretty as a picture! 

You can play along in our challenge too, for some fun prizes, click the sketch above and it'll take you to the LOTV challenge blog where you can check out the other DT's projects for inspiration and the official rules.

Thanks for visiting!

Stamps: Lili of the Valley
Ink: Memento, Distress
Paper: Heavenly White, Cosmo Cricket, Gina K, Bazzill, Core'dinations
Accessories: PTI med. scallop die, Nesites, 1.25" striped grosgrain ribbon, pearls, Stickles, Glaze pen, Flower Soft, colored pencils, OMS, Copics

6 comments:

  1. hi,would just like to say, what a lovely bow, brave of you so large very nice.i have just made a cardfor this challange,got some stamps from doncaster when i went to see bev at the stall love bluebell.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely gorgeous! I love the papers you used, the accents, the ribbon and bow...there is nothing I will change about it when I shamelessly pilfer...
    Regena

    ReplyDelete
  3. I find the card very pretty too. I am a bit new at card making and I was curious to know what adhesive you used to put your card elements together. And lastly, do you make your own envelope from a template?

    Thanks!
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow what a lovely and beautiful christmas card
    great coloring and great sketch



    greetings karin

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous creation this is ... Love that image & you've colored it beautifully ... Great papers & sketch ...Love the scallops & the "fur" on her little hat...
    Hugs, Janie

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is stunning. You have coloured her beautifully and its a great take on the sketch. Thanks for taking part in the LOTV Challenge
    Clairex

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment!