Pages

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Fast Food

Good morning folks! I hope where ever you are it's cooler than it is here! We've been having a heat wave that just sucks the juice right out of you. Yesterday reached almost 97 degrees, which in the Poconos is pretty hot! 

Anyway, I have a sweet Lili of the Valley card to share with you using this adorable doggie running away with stolen franks. He's Fritz the dog from the Fritz and Fifi set. The stamps in this set are soo funny, highlighting all the mischievous antics our pets can get into!



I wanted to use a different coloring medium this time, getting kind of bored with the same old same old, so I broke out my Distress Inks and watercolored him. I remembered seeing a tutorial a while back from one of those gorgeous Scandinavian blogs where they showed how to deepen shading with Distress inks using a dry brushing technique. I can't for the life of me remember whose blog it was, but I did remember the technique, and used it for Fritz.

It works really beautifully for creating really dark shadows, which is kind of hard to do with watercoloring. At least it was for me, I used to have to go back over and over after each wash had dried and reapply the shadows to build them up. Well, dry brushing is much faster, I'll be doing this from now on.

Stay cool and thanks for visiting!

Stamps: LOTV
Ink: Memento, Distress Inks
Paper: Water color paper, Bazzill, Cosmo Cricket
Accessories: PTI ribbon/button/felt, Nestabilities, paint brushes

2 comments:

  1. That card is so cute! I know what you mean about the heat. Down here in Florida we had such a mild winter that I was thinking the summer wouldn't be too bad...but not! I know this is unusual for you all up north..aren't you glad you don't have that kind of heat for months on end??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this card & your sentiment is perfect.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment!