Pages

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

A Perfect Rose



I knew that Nicole Heady would design the most perfect rose stamp set for the latest addition to the Year of Flowers series, but when I actually saw it, it took my breath away! Absolutely perfect in every way! I really wanted to color this rose in with colored pencils, because I seem to get the best shading with that technique, but I was too impatient. I wanted something fast to see its potential. So I chose the simplest, fastest coloring technique I knew of. White embossed and sponged inks. 

How stunning does this look?!! I am over the moon for this card, I absolutely love it. The colors just seemed to come together on their own. I normally choose the DP before I color anything, but this time I knew I wanted a peach/pink rose and I said the heck with it, I'll find the paper later. It took me HOURS to find the right paper. I think I went through every-single-piece-of-patterned-paper I own, lol! I finally found this old piece from K & Co. and when I held the finished rose to it, I knew it was perfect.
The rest is history, came together in a jiffy after that! I love this combo so much I'm thinking of making a framed shadowbox thing-y to hang on my wall. I don't do that very often, surprisingly enough, although I should do something with my favorite projects instead of leaving them hidden away in a box.
Hope you like it too, thanks for visiting!

Stamps: Papertrey Ink, Waltzingmouse Stamps
Ink: Versamark, Adirondack
Paper: PTI, K & Co., vellum
Accessories: EK Success edge punch, Martha Stewart edge punch, Spellbinders, dyed seam binding ribbon, PTI button, pearls, sponge daubers, Stickles, white EP

3 comments:

  1. Wow, this card is stunning!! The colors are so elegant and the way you sponged that rose is beautiful. That PP is perfect too! Really lovely job. Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very STUNNING and GORGEOUS card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. these roses are beautiful
    your coloring is fantastic


    greetings karin

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment!