Pages

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Lili of the Valley Thursday Challenge

Hey everyone! There's another sketch challenge going on over at the LOTV Thursday Challenge blog. This week is another sketch by Dawny:


The rules are simple, just make a card using the sketch and a LOTV stamp or die cut and add your blog post, or gallery link with Mr. Linky to the list. You could win 2 free stamps of your choice! 
Here is my card for this challenge. 
I seem to be having an obsession with all things tea related lately. I have at least 4 tea stamp sets, because everyone just keeps coming out with more and more awesome tea sets! So this darling 'Tea Party' stamp was one of my favorites from the newest LOTV release. I colored the image with Copics. I decided to make it into an easel card because I just love being able to display the card front and inside at the same time. I always make sure to leave a blank area above the sentiment inside the card for a personal message and signature too. Here's a closer look at the card:


Once again I made a little wool felt rosebud to embellish the tiny tag. I always feel uncomfortable using a large amount of flowers on my cards for some reason, don't ask me why, LOL! So this tiny one suits me just fine.

I hope it inspires you to make your own card to join in our challenge, thanks for stopping by for a visit!

Stamps: Lili of the Valley, Waltzingmouse Stamps
Ink: Memento, Perfect Match
Paper: My Mind's Eye, Neenah, PTI
Accessories: Spellbinders Labels & Nestabilities, Copic Sketch and Spica markers, EK Success diamond scallop edge punch, Martha Stewart Tiny Tag punch, wool felt, pearl seed bead, needle, thread, PTI ribbon

6 comments:

  1. Such a darling card. Love your little rose bud and the heart button. Really sweet!
    xMarie

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an absolutely beautiful card! Love the gorgeous rose that you made - matches the colours in the image so perfectly. The ribbon looks fabulous too - such a great colour combo with the rest of the card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is very lovely and sweet.
    beautiful layout and great coloring


    greetings karin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is gorgeous Katarina. This is a beautiful image to work with and I also loved colouring it this week!
    Clairex

    ReplyDelete
  5. totally gorgeous card, coloured to perfection love it. By the way you have that horrid word verification on your comments, in case you didn't know.
    janex

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kathy! My first visit to your blog, and what a fab blog it is! Your card caught my eye on the LOTV blog, the colours are stunning and your colouring on this cute stamp is fabulous! The easel card shape definately suits the theme! Hugs Shelly ;)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment!