Pages

Sunday, April 11, 2010

Tilda Picking Peaches

Sorry I haven't been blogging as faithfully as I usually do. There are a few things I'm dealing with that have been distracting me from my hobby lately. Some of it good, some, not so good. I love my hobby though, and I am determined to stick with it despite 'life' getting in the way, LOL.
I thought I'd share this Tilda card today, which was rejected for publication. (Yes, one of the things distracting me from blogging, it's always been one of my goals to be published, and I've been submitting some projects lately! It's hard work I tell you!) I wasn't too upset about it because I've gotten some good news as well bad, so it all evens out! I'll share more when I can.

I used the Tilda Picking Peaches Magnolia stamp inked with Memento Cocoa ink. I've always used dark brown ink for my images, I think the look is a little more vintage, not as high-contrast. Just a personal preference. Tilda was colored entirely in Prismacolor pencils, blended with OMS. Despite all the other media I have for coloring, Gamsol Magic remains my favorite!

The DP is Cosmo Cricket's Early Bird. I did a zig zag stitch all the way around it with my little Janome machine. I even added a little bit of Stardust Stickles to some of the berries on the DP just to spice things up a bit.

Hope she brightens your day a bit, thanks for stopping by!

Stamps: Magnolia, sentiment from Papertrey Ink
Ink: Memento, Perfect Match
Paper: Papertrey Ink card base, Cosmo Cricket, Bazzill, SU
Accessories: Polka dot grosgrain ribbon, Flower button from Elzybells, Cuttlebug Frills embossing folder border set, Spellbinders Fancy Tags, SU oval punch

5 comments:

  1. Hard to believe that your beautiful work wouldn't be accepted for publication! Although the editors might be worried that readers wouldn't feel they could duplicate your fabulous coloring. I hope life settles down for you soon, so you have more time to enjoy your hobby. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful. hope things improve...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really super cute! Your colouring is perfect on this image. Really great work!
    xMarie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your work is awesome and I am now following you so that I can enjoy all of your creations. TFS Hugs SamXX

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment!