Pages

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Spring Birthday

Hello everyone, sorry I've been so quiet. I went away for a little vacation again, this time to NC to visit my younger brothers. It's a loooong ride, but we had a fun time!

Anyway, here's one of the cards I made up before we went using PTI's new Year of Flowers set. I thought this card was perfect to share, especially because on the way down to NC Daffodils were everywhere! The center medians for the highways had tons of Daffodils growing, all the homes in my brothers neighborhood had their cheery little heads welcoming spring. NC is way ahead of us here in PA as far as spring.
I colored the flower with my colored pencils, and popped up the center with some dimensional tape.
The background paper was also stamped using one of my favorite new stamp sets ever, Dot Spot. I lovelovelove it! I actually stamped it on vellum because I love the way it softens the colors. That polka dot pattern just does something for me, I don't know why, it's not my usual style.
Anyway, hope you like it, thanks for stopping by!

Stamps: Papertrey Ink, sentiment from Studio G
Ink: Memento, Perfect Match
Paper: Papertrey Ink
Accessories: SU scallop border punch, Stickles, PTI ribbon

3 comments:

  1. Love it! Thanks for coming to see us in NC! We had fun.

    Dan P.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty, love your own background paper, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty!! Lovely soft colors and great hand stamped bg paper!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment!