Pages

Friday, April 16, 2010

Showers of Blessings

I have a quick, no-coloring card to share today using last month's Papertrey Ink color. I love Hawaiian Shores, such a gorgeous clean turquoise blue! I picked the colors from the patterned papers to stamps a Dot Spot background too.
I don't think I used this umbrella stamp more than once since I've gotten it, which is a shame because it's so pretty. I paper pieced it because I really didn't feel like coloring anything, which seems to be happening more often lately. I don't know if I've just burned out from coloring almost everything, or what, but I just don't feel like doing it much.
In the meantime, I've got plenty of no-coloring-necessary stamps to keep me going. It's better than not making cards at all. I love doing this too much to stop for too long...
BTW, if anyone is wondering about the Aqua felt I used for the flowers, no you didn't miss out on this color from PTI, they haven't come out with Aqua Mist felt yet. I hand dyed a ton of my own wool felt a looong time ago, so I'm well ahead of PTI as far their colors! It's really easy, so if you can't wait, you can dye your own too! I used Wilton cake colors, a pot of boiling water and some natural white wool felt. Simple!

Thanks for visiting, have a great day!

4 comments:

  1. Lovely card and great colours.
    xMarie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool! Thanks for the great tip on how to dye wool felt. I've been drooling over some, but don't want a lot of any one color, so it's a bit pricey. I saw Joann's has some but very limited in colors. I'm going to have to buy a yard of white to cut up and die. In all my spare time, that is, haha.

    Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How beautiful, and great tip about the felt also. I never use felt because it looks like, well, felt, but in this color I would use it in a minute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! All I gotta say is WOW!! Beautiful card, I love the background that you made with Spots & Dots - I could never come up with something like that. Great color scheme and those felt flowers that I can't believe you dyed yourself are absolutely fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment!