Pages

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Joy in the little things

Just a simple, pretty card to share today. I am aching to grow some flowers of my own, but the nights are still getting pretty cold, so I am afraid to do any planting yet. I have my Begonia bulbs saved from last year, I hope they survived their winter rest in the garage. I'll have to go pull them out today. The Begonias are for the back deck planters, very shady but they flower like crazy anyway. That's why I save the bulbs year after year, it's not easy growing things in almost complete shade! This little beauty always has the sun shining on it's little head! I colored the bloom with my colored pencils and popped up one of the layers with foam tape for some dimension. I love doing this with flower images, makes it look so complicated!

Hope you have flowers as pretty as this one growing in your back yard... (I can't, the deer eat everything).

Stamp: SU
Ink: Memento
Paper: SU, Memory Box, PTI
Accessories: Spellbinders Labels & ovals dies, Martha Stewart edge punch, colored pencils, OMS, Stickles, seam binding, SU rub-on sentiment

2 comments:

  1. a stunning cad, love the layout that you have used.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet! Love the layering of the die cuts. Really great combo.
    xMarie

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment!