Pages

Thursday, April 1, 2010

Impression Obsession Card Challenge- Celebrating Mom

This week's Impression Obsession Design team challenge theme is 'Mom'. Pretty simple for my Mom, anything flowery and beautiful suits her just fine! I've been seeing a lot of people using Basic Grey's new Green at Heart, and so am I! Such pretty summery colors.
I used this beautiful flower stamp called 'Frills' from IO's recent release. I wanted to try something different from my usual colored pencils, so I broke out my paintbrush and Distress Inks and water colored it. Especially with all the new yummy colors that recently Ranger came out with, I couldn't resist.
I printed 'Mother' out in a pretty font on my computer and added the little label below the image. The white bow is silk ribbon, sooooo pretty and delicate and soft. I love that stuff.

Don't forget you can join in on the challenge too for a chance at an IO gift certificate. Check out all the details here, on their blog. Then you can go check out all the other design team ladies' cards for more 'Mom' inspiration.
Thanks for stopping by!


Stamps: Impression Obsession
Ink: Colorbox pigment ink, Distress Inks
Paper: Fabriano water color paper, Basic Grey, SU, PTI
Accessories: Fiskars heart scallop border punch, Spellbinders Labels 10, Nestabilities, Liquid Pearls, paintbrush, clear embossing powder, silk ribbon, SU modern label/word window punches, self stick pearls

6 comments:

  1. Love the Green at Heart DP and you coloring is soft and lovely. Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a true beauty of a card! So feminine and love the paper!

    ReplyDelete
  3. FABULOUS colour combination...beautiful card...YUM!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutley gorgeous, Kathy!j She will love this! A real keepsake too. PS loved your vacation photos you lucky lady!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card, beautiful dp and beautiful bow. It's just perfect.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment!