Pages

Sunday, March 28, 2010

Homework- Feel Better

Thanks to everyone for the wonderful comments during the JustRite Blog Hop! I loved reading them all. Don't forget to keep checking the JustRite blog for daily winners, there are some huge prizes you don't want to miss out on!
Now onto some sweetness:
Hard to believe, but I actually made a small card, lol! This is an A2 sized card. I know I don't usually put the size of my cards, but they are usually 5" x 7" or 6" square. I like 'em big, more room for pretty paper to show through, and big bows, buttons, punches, etc. But this one ended up small because I was too lazy to stamp a larger piece of the red background paper. I couldn't believe I didn't have any apple themed patterned paper, so I set about stamping my own with PTI's Fruitful apple stamps.
In order to get a really solid, matte black finish to the blackboard to make it look like a real one, I used acrylic paint and a paint brush. I think it was Delta Charcoal paint, and it covered in one quick coat. It dries in just a few minutes and I stamped the 'Feel Better' sentiment with Fresh Snow ink. I colored everything else with my beloved colored pencils.

This little cutie is sure to make anyone feel better! Thanks for looking...

Stamps: Pure Innocence from MFT
Ink: Memento, PTI
Paper: PTI, SU, Bristol vellum
Accessories: Fiskars floral border punch, PTI twill/button, colored pencils, OMS, acrylic paint, paintbrush, Sakura black glaze pen

3 comments:

  1. Sweet card and a lovely colour combo.
    xMarie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I was sick, lol. How's that for hoping to get a card like this! Amazing job, gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous coloring! Love your card!
    Hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment!