Pages

Saturday, March 13, 2010

Easter Wishes

This will be my last post for a while. We are leaving for our little vacation to Dominican Republic tomorrow morning. I won't be back till Thursday night, probably sunburned, and cranky from all the traveling! LOL.

Sooo, here's a gorgeous Easter image from Sugar Nellie that I snapped up when Funky Kits had a sale on them. I did a bit of paper piecing for her dress this time, because I love, love love Papertrey's Easter papers.
Most of the rest of the image was colored with Copics or colored pencils, I am starting to use them all together most of the time.
I decided to get a bunch of the Ranger crackle paints that came out a while ago, I've been eyeing them up for a while. I love the look of crackled paint. So I cut out some label shapes from chipboard and painted them. Very shabby chic! So easy to use, too!
I made the rose from crepe paper, it came out a bit bigger than I wanted, but so pretty I stuck it on there anyway. The leaves were cut out of green crepe paper, no pattern, I just folded a piece of it in half and cut out a leaf shape.

Thanks for stopping by! I'll be back later next week with some more to share!

Stamps: Sugar Nellie, PTI sentiment
Ink: Memento, Versamark
Paper: Papertrey Ink, chipboard, Heavenly White, crepe paper
Accessories: PTI ribbon, White embossing powder, Copics, colored pencils, OMS, Ranger Crackle Paint, Sakura Glaze pen, Spellbinders labels/ovals dies.

4 comments:

  1. Simple and really cute! Love your crepe flower. Have a good vacation!
    xMarie

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous! I love the crepe paper rose too - wow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for your safe travel, have a great vacation!

    “And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge; And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness; And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity. For if these things be in you, and abound, they make you that ye shall neither be barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.”- 2 Peter 1:5-8

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment!