Pages

Monday, February 15, 2010

Ruffled ribbon flowers

I can't believe I've never tried these ruffled ribbon flowers before. I've seen them many times and always admired them, but for some reason never tried them myself. Well, you all may be seeing these more often, because I love them! The Papertrey Ink ribbon is particularly easy to ruffle because it already has a stitched edge, and all I did was work both ends loose and start pulling the threads. With the other ribbons I had to sew a little bit of stitching with a needle and thread. Didn't take long at all though, because you don't need to be precise to get 'ruffling'.
The background of the card base was stamped with the Giga Guidelines and the smaller Guidelines background sets from PTI. I love making my own backgrounds, they are so much fun.
That's all for today, thanks so much for visiting!

Stamps: Papertrey Ink
Ink: Perfect Match
Paper: PTI
Accessories: Nestabilities, PTI ribbons/buttons, DMC floss, Stickles

4 comments:

  1. Really cute! The flowers are wonderful.
    xMarie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this card is gorgeous and I love those ruffled ribbon flowers. I think I may have to give them a try. Thanks for the insiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are gorgeous, might have to try those sometime, lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your blog!! Found you through Renee's blog!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment!