Pages

Thursday, January 21, 2010

Impression Obsession Shaped Card Challenge

It's time for another IO challenge! This week it's to create a shaped card, anything but a rectangle. Check out the details on the IO blog. (Pssst.....there's a prize!) You can win a gift certificate for the IO store, and when you see the new stamps that have been released for Valentine's Day, AND the new stamps being released for CHA, you will want to win this! Here's the card I came up with for the challenge:
I used the baby girl dress template from Stampington. I printed it onto sturdy cardstock, then cut it out. I used some Papertrey Ink patterned papers to decorate the card inside and out. I stamped the sweet moon image from the Baby Items cling stamp set on vellum and embossed it in Vanilla embossing powder. I colored it in with some Stampin Up markers and a blender pen.
For the inside of the card I stamped the Sweet Little Baby poem and cut it out with my Spellbinders Labels die. The little hang tag was stamped with 'Baby Girl' from the Sentiments II clear stamp set. There are so many words included in this set, it a must-have for any stamper. You can pretty much create sentiments for any holiday/occasion. I love it! I cut the tag with the Martha Stewart mini tag punch.
I added some lace to the bottom of the dress with the Martha Stewart lace doily punch and some vellum. To get it to curve around the bottom, I simply cut some slits between each scallop so I could manipulate the vellum easily.

Now if you like this card, you have to check out the rest of the DT's blogs for their take on the shaped card challenge.


Stamps: Impression Obsession
Ink: Versamark, Memento, Distress, Perfect Match
Paper: PTI, vellum
Accessories: Martha Stewart lace edger/mini tag punches, Spellbinders Labels 8, PTI ribbon/button, Prima Flowers, sticky pearls

11 comments:

  1. Kathy, this is just too precious! I am flagging this one -- I have a baby card to make in the near future and this one is just soooo darling! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is gorgeous! Thank you for sharing your beautiful artwork with us. I check out your blog each day in order to see the beautiful cards you've created.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutley adorable and so pretty too, Kathy~! You have such a talent for colors and creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is so sweet, love it!!
    Clairexx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, this is the sweetest! It is just darling! Love the moon on the vellum -- just adds the perfect softness!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is just the most precious card I have ever seen. You did an amazing job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW! This has to be the prettiest dress card I've ever seen! Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment!