Pages

Thursday, January 14, 2010

If raindrops were kisses...

I love this little sentiment! 'If raindrops were kisses, I'd send you a storm.' How cute is that?! When I saw this new stamp from MFT released last week, I immediately knew I had to make a card using it with the sentiment. I love making mooshy-gooshy cards, lol.
I don't use this paper piecing technique too often, but I love the effect when I see others do it. I decided to give it a try. The paper is the 'Be Loved' collection from My Mind's Eye.
I made a panel of embossed raindrops to adhere the sweet little girl to, using an old Fiskars texture plate. Of course, I highlighted some of the drops with Star Dust Stickles, and added some of these sweet little pearl hearts from Hero Arts. I distressed some white twill ribbon with Antique Linen Distress ink and made a double bow with it. White was just too stark for this card.

Hope you like it, thanks for visiting!

Stamps: My Favorite Things
Ink: Memento , Distress
Paper: Heavenly White, My Mind's Eye, SU, Coredinations
Accessories: Martha Stewart Simple Scallop punch, SU Modern Label Punch, Twill ribbon, PTI button, Prismacolor colored pencils, OMS, Copics (E0000, E00, E11, R01 for skin), Sizzix texture plate

7 comments:

  1. What a great card. I love, love,love the sizzix texture plate with the rain drops. Fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful card for a beautiful sentiment - your blog is fab Polly x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! LOVE the embossed raindrops!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous card! Love the cute image and the DP. Nice touch with the embossed rain drops.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment!