Pages

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

I followed my heart....

Another adorable Mo Manning digi stamp. I really, really wanted to use the new paper collection from Basic Grey 'Origins', and in the Basic Grey newsletter there was a Valentine card using these papers, with a similar layout that inspired me to make this card. The colors were so unique, I had to try it myself. I decided on this little guy holding a big heart. And not a speck of red or pink anywhere! This could be a cross between a Valentine's Day or St. Patrick's Day card!
I colored him all in my Prismacolor pencils, blending everything with OMS. I used a Spica pen to outline the heart, just for a little sparkle. I love those pens, they have such a subtle shimmer, but add so much to a card! The white borders were punched out using Martha Stewart's scalloped dot punch. I printed the sentiment on my computer and stamped a little heart onto a scrap of BG paper, then covered it with Star Dust Stickles. I LOVE-me-do this card, it's going into my favorites bin. Who will be the lucky recipient, I don't know. Maybe I'll keep it...hee hee.

Thanks for visiting!

Stamps: Digital Pencil, PTI heart
Paper: Basic Grey, Heavenly White, SU
Accessories: MS edge punch, Stickles, brown satin ribbon, colored pencils, OMS, Copic Spica pen

4 comments:

  1. Really cute. Colours are wonderful!
    xMarie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super Cute image, I love your coloring and layout. Great details. HUgs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. EEEEEK! I am totally in love!! Love those papers too, and love all Mo's images - but you pulled them all together into a real masterpiece!! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So in love with this card!!! Your cards are really inspiring and I have now made my mind up - going to buy some of these lovely images to try out. Polly x

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment!