Pages

Friday, January 15, 2010

Abby's Celebrating!

Look at the pure joy in this girl's face! I love the way Mo Manning captures emotion in her character's faces and body language. What an incredible artist! I colored Abby with my Prisma colored pencils. I added the red polka dots on the hem of her dress with a Copic Spica pen for a little shimmer. I then cut the entire image out very carefully and mounted it to some shimmery blue cardstock I cut out with my Labels 1 die. To get a narrower border between the 2 labels layers, I simply traced outside the first die onto my pink paper and cut it out by hand. I do this a lot, because I prefer the smaller border. I applied some Liquid Glass to the balloons, although you can't see it in the pictures. :-(
Since her shoes have to be black patent leather, I colored them in using a Sakura Glaze pen, so they have a raised, shiny surface, just like patent shoes. The striped ribbon is adhered to a strip of cardstock that I punched with my Fiskars sunburst punch. The sentiment is computer generated and cut out with SU punches.

I wish I got birthday cards like this....LOL!

Thanks for visiting!

Stamps: Digital Pencil
Paper: Basic Grey Urban Couture, The Paper Co. Heavenly White, Bristol vellum
Accessories: Sizzix texture plate, Fiskars border punch, striped ribbon, Spellbinders Labels 1, colored pencils, OMS, Copics (E0000, E00, E11 for flesh), Red Spica pen, Liquid Glass

3 comments:

  1. Hi Katarina
    wow, your blog is truly inspiring, gorgeous work.
    Hugs Kaylou xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow I just discovered your blog, your work is amazing. I love your coloring and all the details you put into your cards. I look forward to seeing more of your work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow im so pleased i found your blog, i am loving your work its amazing. Love the Abby card its adorable hunny. Have an enjoyable weekend, hugs Linda x

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment!