Pages

Monday, December 7, 2009

Sage Christmas Rose

I've been very lazy about posting lately. Still stamping, just not blogging... I'm sure it was just a slump when I realized it's already December and Christmas is three weeks away! Actually, more like a panic! LOL! I froze and couldn't think straight, never mind blog! But, I told myself not to think about it, and just keep plugging along.

I liked making these coffee filter roses so much (see this post here), I decided to do another one for my aunt. It's easy to do with the Begonia Petals punch from The Punch Bunch. I cut out the petals from coffee filters, which is easier to do with the filter folded in half and a piece of copy paper sandwiched between the layers. Then simply colored them with a bit of Twinkling H2O's. After that it's a cinch to layer them evenly around a snowflake punch, working largest to smallest petals.
As I'm sure you all noticed, Stampin Up's retired Wintergreen DSP is my fave this season, I use it A LOT! Just love the non traditional holiday colors.
I couldn't figure out where to put a simple Christmas greeting on this card, so I left it off. I may have to go back and add it before I send it. Decisions....decisions....

Thanks for visiting, come back soon!

Stamps: Papertrey Ink
Ink: Adirondack, SU
Paper: Heavenly White, SU, The Paper Co.
Accessories: silk ribbon, Martha Stewart flourish edger punch, self stick pearls, snowflake stickers (unknown maker), Begonia Petals punch from The Punch Bunch, Twinkling H2O's, Spellbinders Labels die

2 comments:

I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment!