Pages

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Noel's Christmas Letter

I don't know why I haven't tried this before, all monochromatic, neutral colors. I love the antique/vintage look it has! I only used my brown Distress inks to color this beauty, with just a little bit of red and green for tiny accents. I LOVE it! I'm not sure I can part with this card, LOL! I may keep it for a while, till I get tired of looking at it.
This is the new Christmas 2009 Sara Kay Collection made by Stampavie, available at 7 Kids College Fund.
Here's a neat trick for getting a 'label' die look even if you don't have the Spellbinders labels dies. Or sometimes you just don't have the right size/shape label die; use the Martha Stewart Flourish punch to punch each side of your paper exactly in the center, then use a corner rounder punch. And you have a label look in any size you want! I think it's pretty neat.
Hope it inspires!
Stamps: Stampavie, PTI sentiment
Ink: Ancient Page, Distress
Paper: Heavenly white, Bristol vellum, Basic Grey, Stardream shimmer cardstock, The Paper Company
Accessories: Martha Stewart flourish, snowflake/corner rounder, Fiskars apron lace & SU snowflake punches, glass glitter, Scribbles 3D paint, self stick pearl, SU wide striped ribbon, PTI button/twine, Copic Spica pens

7 comments:

  1. Oh sooo sweet! I love this Sarah Kay stamps and the card you have made are so beautiful!
    Have a nice day, Annacarin

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd be keeping this one, too. HOW PRETTY! Love the monochromatic vintage look you created. That image is so darling. Thanks for the tip about the punch and corner rounder. I don't have that punch, but it will surely get me to think outside the box for what I do have.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautifully done! I love that vintage look, and your coloring is magnificent!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! This is picture PERFECT! It really would be hard to give away! I think you should send it in for publication!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha! It has inspired me to go find that MS punch :) Beautiful card!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I couldn't resist her. She is just adorable!! The card is beautiful too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can´t belive it - this is so beautiful !!!!!!!

    Another dream from you.

    Greetings
    Moni

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment!