Pages

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Halloween Window

This new stamp from Impression Obsession is so awesome, I love it! Lots of fun to color. I used Adirondack and Distress inks to color everything except the window frame/box/shutters. Just used my handy dandy Tombow blender pen, dipped it into a bit of ink and colored away. I used to use this technique a lot in the past, but kind of changed over to colored pencils for the most part. I love the watercolor effect with the blender pen and inks though, I may be using it more often in the future.

This close up picture is not that great, but I wanted everyone to see the 'glass' effect on the windows using Liquid Glass. I also used a glaze pen on the berries and the pumpkin eyes, they're not actually glowing, it's just a glare. Kind of neat though, isn't it?
The background I created with an older IO background stamp. I stamped it with cream ink onto dark chocolate cardstock, then added some shading inside the leaves and pumpkins with my blender pen and Distress Ink. I love creating my own decorative background papers. I can always customize it exactly how I want it.
Besides Christmas, Halloween is one of my fave holidays, so you'll be seeing quite a few Halloween cards till then!
Hope it inspires, thanks for looking!
Stamps: Impression Obsession
Ink: Memento, Adirondack, Distress, Perfect Match
Paper: Papertrey Ink, SU
Accessories: Tombow blender pen, colored pencils, OMS, Sakura glaze pen, Liquid glass, Dew Drops, Rust grosgrain ribbon, PTI striped green ribbon, Copis Spica pen

3 comments:

  1. Totally gorgeous! FAB image, beautifully done!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely Halloween card. Love all of your painting and effects! I picked it up for the IO gallery while I was here too!!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment!