Pages

Monday, June 29, 2009

Wisteria and Daisies

When you have big beautiful flowers like these Prima daisies, what else do you really need on a card? My plan was to actually stamp something on this card, too, but it just didn't need it! Some beautiful DP from Basic Grey, a little gorgeous ribbon, and there you have it.
I cut a frame using Spellbinders Labels dies, popped it up with foam tape, and voila--a simple, elegant frame for the daisy. I probably could've dug through my stash to find a small birthday sentiment, or something, but I figured I could always add it when I figure out who's gonna get it! I do this a lot, and it works better for me. I can't tell you how many times I needed a card for someone, I'll be digging through my stash for just the right one, but they all have sentiments that are just 'not right'. So I usually end up ripping it apart and adding a new one, or making an entirely new card from scratch. This way is better.
Hope it inspires!

Paper: Strathmore watercolor paper, Prism, Basic Grey
Ink: Versamagic, Colorbox Fluid Chalk
Accessories: Spellbinders Labels die, Martha Stewart ribbon, blue grosgrain ribbon, self stick pearls, Prima daisies, MM antique brads, snowflake punch from The Punch Bunch, Stickles, PTI button

2 comments:

  1. What an elegant and sober card! I love the colours too, very beatiful!
    hugs Lillemor

    ReplyDelete
  2. A really lovely design! I like how you used the die cuts too!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment!