Pages

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Recipe Journal

A couple of weeks ago I was browsing through Michael's on my way to work when I found these monogrammed kraft journals in the $1 section. They were exactly what I was looking for to alter and embellish! You see, I have a Bind-it-All, and have tried making my own journals from scratch, but when it came to the inner pages, I had a really hard time getting lined paper in the exact size and quantity that I thought a journal should have. Cutting 50+ sheets on my paper trimmer was just too much work, and they never came out even. Very frustrating. So I began a search for cheap journals so that I could either take apart for the inner pages, or to alter. These were perfect!
All I had to do was take the book apart, decorate the covers and put it back together. With the colors I chose for this project, I didn't even have to cover the edges of the covers I just left the kraft as the mat for the first layer.
It's nice to do something different from cards for a change! Idid a bunch of them, so I have more to show you all in the coming days.
Hope it inspires!
Stamps: Magnolia, JustRite
Ink: Palette, Distress, Perfect Match
Paper: My Mind's Eye, Bristol vellum, SU
Accessories: Ribbon, colored pencils, OMS

6 comments:

  1. This is stuning!! And such a perfect image for a recipe journal:) Your colouring is devine!
    Wish you a Happy Easter!
    Hugs, Camilla.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this is gorgeous Katarina! Just love what you've done with the kraft journal! The papers are so pretty and that Tilda is just too cute! Fab colouring.
    Hugs, Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your book, the patterns and colours are lovely, and the image is so cute.
    A while ago I made something similar, for holding birthday cards I made pockets inside and pasted a calender inside so I could write in peoples birthdays, and store the cards for them. I did two pages with pockets for each month.

    Looking forward to seeing more.
    Hugs Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your altered journal! what great DP's and your Tilda is wonderful! what a great book for recipes! I'm always picking up those journals at Michaels and they sit on the floor in my craft room! you ahve inspired me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a pretty journal, I love the colors. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment!