Pages

Friday, April 10, 2009

Egg-stra Special

I wanted to dye some eggs the other day using some of my favorite stamping colors, so I tried it with a Perfect Match inkpad. I just used the ink pad directly to the egg, but it didn't work out very well. Even hybrid ink took forever to dry, and it was splotchy and uneven when I tried to heat dry it. So I decided to try to use reinkers to dye them. I put a couple of drops of SU reinker along with a little vinegar in a cup and let the eggs sit in it for a while. When I took it out I was a bit excited, sure enough I had a Baja Breeze egg! It was beautiful! BUT-when I started drying it with a paper towel, almost all of the color rubbed off. :-(
The only way I got this one in the picture was to handle it verrrry carefully after air drying. If anyone has any ideas on how to dye eggs with reinkers, please share, I still want to do it. Imagine a basket full of Soft Sky and River Rock colored eggs. They would be stunning!
Anyway, this little egg holder was made using the directions from SCS acetate box tutorial. I just made the top and bottom border strips a little wider, and fashioned my own egg holder insert. I love how it came out!
Thanks for stopping by!
Stamps: Papertrey Ink
Ink: SU, Perfect Match
Paper: SU, PTI
Accessories: MS scallop punch, SU ribbon, PTI clear cardstock, twine

2 comments:

  1. Fantastic project Katarina - I adore the coloour and you made it so perfectly!
    Have a very Happy Easter!
    Hugs, Danielle

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment!