Pages

Monday, October 13, 2008

Poinsettia Gift Box


This little gift box was made from the template on Mel Stampz blog here. It was very easy to put together with a Scor Pal. The poinsettia was made by punching out the petal shapes using a leaf shaped punch from a piece of watercolor paper I painted with a combo of Adirondack reinkers, Pearl Ex and a bit of Gum Arabic to bind it all together. The individual petals were then shaped with a plastic paper shaping tool by rubbing firmly on the wrong side of the petal until it curled up. Then I glued all the petals onto a small scalloped circle. Gorgeous, no? There's even a little Swarovski crystal in the center for some added bling. This box is almost a gift in itself, who cares what's inside, right??!! LOL.



Stamps: Papertrey Ink
Ink: Versafine, Distress
Paper: Cosmo Cricket, PTI, watercolor paper, Stardream
Accessories: Nestabilities, Adirondack reinkers, Pearl Ex, Gum Arabic, Gold cord, Swarovski crystal, Punches from The Punch Bunch, mini sewing machine

4 comments:

  1. Woah!!! This is stunning! My first thought was there's no template THIS nice on my blog. LOL. But then I remembered making that box. [You know I made this template and then never made another box? It took so long to make the template that I think I was trying to forget about it. heehee]

    You did such a gorgeous job that I'm going to make one right away! Love the poinsettia. So pretty! Thank You for the beautiful inspiration! :O)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathy I love this box. I just got the punch bunch leaf punch. That baby is heavy. I am hoping to make a poinsettia. Love this idea. Great job. TFS
    Dawn B.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment!