Pages

Thursday, October 9, 2008

Old Fashioned Christmas Cards

I'm on the roll! It's the wierdest thing, for days I'll have no creative juices flowing, the stuff I make I'm not really crazy about and then all of a sudden--BAM! I crank out one beauty after another! Well, at least I think they're beauties. These two cards are examples of what I feel most comfortable with. Distressed, aged edges, vintage colors and homespun charm. I LOVE gingers and this stamp from Alota Rubber Stamps is just about the closest one I could find that really suits my style. Actually, there's a tiny little gingerbread guy stamp from Stamps by Judith that is totally perfect but he is just too tiny! Check out my gingerbread tree card here if you want to see what I'm talking about. I've been seriously thinking about investing in one of those make-your-own-stamp kits from JustRite because I have such oddball taste in stamps that I rarely find ones that are totally my style. I have sketch books full of drawings that I could make into my own stamps! Maybe some day...
Stamps: Alota R.S., JustRite
Ink: Palette, Versafine, Distress
Paper: Fabriano w/c paper, Cosmo Cricket, PTI
Accessories: Nestabilities, Red grosgrain ribbon, Cotton string, McGill circle punch, Tombow/SU! markers, mini sewing machine, thread

I've used this stamp before, but this time I colored it with a different color scheme. Totally different feel to it. I actually used Twinkling H2O's to color the snow, house and trees so it's got this gorgeous subtle shimmer that THE CAMERA JUST WON'T CAPTURE! Grrrr... Oh well. Hope you like!

Stamps: Stamps Happen, Papertrey Ink

Ink: Palette, Distress

Paper: Fabriano w/c paper, Cosmo Cricket, Iridescent vellum

Accessories: Twinkling H2O's, Tombow/SU! markers, Martha Stewart snowflake punch, Sizzix snowflake die set, The Punch Bunch snowflake punch, German Glass Glitter, Scribbles 3D paint, Chocolate grosgrain ribbon, Cosmo Cricket chipboard ribbon slide


1 comment:

  1. These are beautiful, I like your style. Wonderful creations on your blog.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment!