Pages

Friday, August 15, 2008

Two Projects that are NOT Cards!

I have two projects to show you today, that are not (gasp!) cards. Occasionally, I start something intending for it to be a card, only to want to adapt it for a framed hanging. That's what happened to the above project. I knew I wanted to use Papertrey Ink's Boards & Beams to make a creepy Halloween house with, but wasn't sure how to go about it until I got Cosmo Cricket's new Haunted paper collection. That inspired me immediately to make this project!
The big Harvest moon behind the house is a piece of watercolor paper cut with Nestabilities circle die, then colored with some Twinkling H2O's (picture does not show the awesome shimmer to the moon) and just a tiny bit of Adirondack reinker to deepen the shading along the bottom. It's super cool IRL. I colored the house with my Tombow and SU! markers, as usual. The frame was one I got at AC Moore, unfinished wood, simple, inexpensive which I painted with a toffee color base coat, applied a crackling medium and waited for it to dry. Then the fun starts watching the cracks appear when I painted the red topcoat.
I felt the trees from PTI's Boards & Beams were not 'creepy' enough for this project, so I used an Inque Boutique stamp instead.
I can't wait to hang this one up for Halloween!
Stamps: Papertrey Ink, Inque Boutique
Ink: Palette, Distress, Adirondack
Paper: Fabriano w/c paper, Cosmo Cricket, PTI, scrap chipboard
Accessories: Spellbinders label die, Cream twill tape, black brads, Twinkling H2O's, Tombow/SU! markers, Americana acrylic paint, Folk Art crackle medium


My second project is this cute little treat bag. Again, using Cosmo Cricket's Haunted paper collection. I didn't have any Halloween treats to fill it up with yet, so I just stuffed some raffia in there with this cute little Jack fabric doll I made up earlier today. He was super easy. I've had the little cloth doll forms for a long time, from Skyblue Pink (scroll down to 'Munchkins'), from when I used to sew a lot of my own cloth dolls way back in the day. Well, I decided I needed to make a mini Jack Pumpkin doll, dug out my acrylic paints, some waxed thread and painted him up in about an hour and a half! Isn't he adorable!?

Stamps: Papertrey Ink, Justrite

Ink: Versafine, Distress, Fluid Chalk

Paper: Cosmo Cricket, Bazzill

Accessories: Nestabilities, Munchkin muslin doll, Americana paint, Waxed thread, curved upholstery needle, Fine permanent pen, raffia

I'm going away for the weekend, later tonight. Me, Jimmy and our four kiddos are heading out to Heart Lake for a little bit of fishing and relaxation. I'm going to have to take a break from stamping... :-( So I won't be back till Sunday evening. Until then, everyone enjoy your weekend!


4 comments:

  1. You are too creative!! I never would have thought to use Boards and Beams for a Halloween house - LOVE it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally awesome, as usual! Thanks for sharing your talent with us all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!! What a fabulous scene you have created with these stamps!! I love your distressed and vintagey look!! Also congrats on your DT spot!! I cannot wait to see your creations!! :)Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wait...maybe THIS one is the best I've seen done with this set...wow, love the spooky house with the bats, etc...fabulous! So glad I found your blog! :)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment!