Pages

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Magnolia Christmas Challenge #31 Tilda Postcard


This is probably my favorite Tilda stamp. She's all bundled up, cozy in her hat and mittens, holding her lantern as she makes her way down to Grandma's house for Christmas dinner. Well, that's the way I picture it anyway, LOL. For some reason, I love lanterns, and old fashioned lamps. I wish there more stamps with lanterns. Maybe I should design my own.... :-)
I've been on a distressing kick lately, and this card fits the bill. Love the look of aged paper! The little round metal-rim tag I've had for years, when I used to sew fabric raggedy dolls I tea-stained them (using real tea or coffee!) and would print a simple sentiment on them to hang from my dolls. I simply ran some waxed thread through the ribbon knot, and tied it around the tag. Cute!
Hope you like it, enjoy your day!
Stamps: Magnolia, Impression Obsession, Verve Visual, Justrite alphabet, Pink Cat Studios
Ink: Versafine, Palette, Distress
Paper: Fabriano w/c paper, Cosmo Cricket, PTI
Accessories: Striped ribbon, Round metal-rim tag, mini pinking shears, Zig .05 permanent pen, Copic Spica pens, Tombow/SU! markers

6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous - lovely colours and beautifully coloured stamp

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a really beautiful card and love the warm colours you have used love Arlinex

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, this is gorgeous - love everything about this card.
    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Katarina- this is a beautiful card, you are right, the image is so sweet and gives you a warm feeling all over.
    Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my this is stunning, love that Tilda and all your wonderful work.
    Luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment!