Pages

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Eye of Newt, Wool of Bat....

Can you all tell I love Halloween yet? My Jimmy says it's because I am 'eerie', and love 'eerie' things, LOL. Maybe I do.
I was rummaging around his cupboards last week looking for muffin tins, or something, and came across these old glass spice jars. I loved the look of them, they reminded me of antique apothecary bottles, so I washed them and decided to something witchy with them. I envisioned a nasty old witch or wizard using them to store their spell ingredients, and of course, that had to include Toe of Frogs, Eye of Newts and Wool of Bats! The round label tags I made simply with my Nestabilities and Justrite stamper, attached them with black ribbon and a couple of jump rings. I actually took a picture of them yesterday, intending to post them as is, but they just weren't right. They needed stuff in them! Jimmy gave me the idea to make some eyeballs, and frog toes out of polymer clay. So I did. Rolled a bunch of white PC into various sized balls, baked them and used a black Sharpie to make 'pupils' on each of them. The frog toes are simply green clay rolled into a log, then tapered on one end. I've never seen a frog toe, so I'm wingin' it here! For the bat wool, I took a piece of black felt and just tore it apart till it was like raw wool. I think it's pretty neat! These are going right on my picture window sill for Halloween!
Stamps: Justrite, Papertrey Ink
Ink: Adirondack, Distress
Paper: PTI, Cosmo Cricket
Accessories: Nestabilities, black grosgrain ribbon, antique finish jump rings, Polymer clay, felt, black Sharpie

3 comments:

  1. SPOOOOOKY stuff!! I'm a fellow Halloweenie-Fan too. Love all that you've made (so far)... quite different and clever. Sometimes we card-makers do need to step out of the car-making-comfort-zone and do some in 3-D!! Thanks for the inspirations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colors and the whole look!

    Swedie

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment!