Pages

Sunday, July 13, 2008

Harvest Colors card.

I had to post one more card I made. I have quite a few to show, but I'm too tired to do them all tonight!
This one took quite a bit of time, but I love the way it came out. My inspiration for a card/project usually comes from DP or a certain image. In this case, it was the image. I saw new Halloween/Fall stamps from Inkadinkado on their web site, and fell in love with them. I tried to find them online, but no one had them yet. I knew AC Moore carried a lot of Inkadinkado stamps, so I decided to check it out. Well, I was wandering the stamp section there, I didn't see them on the shelves and started getting pretty down. Until I spied a box on the floor with the Inkadinkado logo on the side. Well, I had to open it and look, and lucky for me, they had a whole bunch of new holiday stamp sets in there. I quickly rummaged through them and found the Bats & Cats set I wanted, plus another set of Halloween flourishes. This crow scene was in that set, and I love it!
So the crow stamp brought to mind deep, earthy colors reminiscent of Harvest time, so I stamped it in Burnt Umber Palette ink on SU! mustard paper. I tried to find some DP that would do the image justice, couldn't find anything in my stash, so I made my own. I took some Adirondack reinkers, did some washes on watercolor paper, then glazed over the whole thing with Pearl Ex for a gorgeous shimmer. When it dried, I ran it through my Big Kick with a Cuttlebug floral embossing folder. Love it!

Stamps: Inkadinkado, Papertrey Ink
Paper: Arches w/c paper, SU!, Bazzill
Ink: Distress, Palette
Accessories: Leaf and Flower punches from The Punch Bunch, Martha Stewart leaf punch, Olive felt ribbon, Spellbinders bookplate die, copper brads, Cuttlebug embossing folder, Pearl Ex, Adirondack reinkers, Clear round epoxy sticker, Tulip Dimensional Paint

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment!