Pages

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

I've Been Busy!

What seems like a long, long time ago (actually only about 1 1/2 years) I had my own Queen Anne Victorian house with plenty of room for all the stuff I love. Folk art, primitives, whimsical decorative art. Rooms full of tinware, antique distressed wood furniture and shelves, a huge collection of prim raggedy Annies (most of which I sewed myself) and folk-sy snowmen. Saltbox houses, willow tree paintings, warm silicone candle lights, etc. etc. Anyway, I don't have any of that anymore (no room now, I've moved) but when I saw this set from Cornish Heritage Farms, my heart ached with nostalgia for times past. So, I tried to recreate that feeling with this card. Warm, earthy colors and aged patinas. I really like the way it came out, and I think I will definitely be making more. I used to paint these kinds of scenes in acrylic on all sorts of found wood and tin surfaces, and had to stop suddenly when all my supplies had to packed away, but I still love that style, and maybe I will pull out the paints and brushes and start fresh someday soon!

Stamps: Cornish Heritage Farms
Ink: Adirondack reinkers, Palette
Paper: Kraft, Fabriano w/c, Bazzill
Accessories: Cream Twill tape



And then, there are more things that I love! Like the color of this Basic Grey paper, and Magnolia stamps. I wanted to post this on the Tilda & Co. challenge blog, but missed the deadline. The challenge was 'Swirls'. I used Maya Road chipboard swirl that I painted with white acrylic paint (ink shows better on white base, and the chipboard doesn't suck up all the ink, so you use less), then inked it with Tsukineko Glue pad and sprinkled pearl glitter over it. I think Tilda looks lovely on the pretty blue background!

Stamps: Magnolia
Ink: Palette, Versa Magic

Paper: Arches w/c paper, PTI, Basic Grey, Memory Box

Accessories: White grosgrain ribbon, Snowflake punch from The Punch Bunch, Art Institute glitter, Tsukineko Glue Pad, Tombow & SU! markers, Copic marker, Stickles and Sakura Glaze pen


No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment!