Pages

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

What I do when I'm not stamping....







I recently finished an 8 month long project painting murals in a soon to be steakhouse restaurant in Ridgewood, NJ. It was a joint effort with my sweetie, Jimmy, who is an airbrush artist and myself using traditional brush. We make a great team, since he specializes in wildlife and animals, and I have more experience with landscape and floral painting. We had three big walls and two smaller walls to paint. The theme of the restaurant was decided early on that it would resemble the interior of a stable, with plenty of window and large doors overlooking beautiful pastures and scenery. As you can see from the pictures it is not complete yet. We are done painting, except for a sky on one half of the ceiling, but the owner is putting in lots of wood and other details in addition to the painting. It's already looking pretty amazing! This was the first time I have painted a project of this size, only having done small decorative painting before, and let me tell you, it was definitely a learning experience. One of the reasons it took so long is we live nearly two hours away, and the only time we could paint was on weekends. It was a tough job.

I have an online photo album with more pics if you want to check them out here.


4 comments:

  1. This is totally stunning!!! I especially love the wagon with all those flowers... the details are amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is gorgeous! the restaurant should do well with this kind of decor! the little kiddos will LOVE looking at the horse!
    nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG!!! I'm spechless. This is beautiful! Love it!. I agree with the first comment. Totally stunning.
    Love it!
    Lim

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, that is totally amazing, you are so very clever!
    Joanne x

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment!