Pages

Monday, May 26, 2008

Happy Memorial Day!

Well, I had a very busy weekend, but I managed to stamp this one on Friday, before our guests came. We barbecued and ate ourselves sick, went fishing, watched movies and had an all around great time! I sure missed stamping for a couple of days, though. I had to clean off the DR table which is where my 'creative area' is all the time. Soon, hopefully by the end of the summer, we will be building an addition to our house. There will be two more rooms, a new bedroom for myself and my sweetheart and more importantly, a studio for the both of us to share. He has tons of airbrushing art supplies with no home for them, no where to paint when the mood hits him. I, on the other hand, need to free up the DR table so it can be used what it's supposed to be used for! I can't wait!
The flowers on this card were punched out using various flower punches, then I flipped each one over and using the rounded end of a big round brush and a tiny stylus, embossed them to give them some dimension and form. Papertrey's card stock lends itself really well to this technique, because it is very thick and strong, but also very malleable.

Anyway, I hope you all had fun this Memorial Day!

Stamps: Papertrey Ink
Ink: Palette, Perfect Match
Paper: Papertrey Ink Perfect Match
Accessories: Flower Punches from EK Success and Marvy, Liquid Pearls, Nestabilities, Papertrey Ink Swiss Dot Ribbon


No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment!