Pages

Saturday, May 3, 2008

Handcarved Watermelon Stamps

I've been wanting a watermelon stamp for the longest time, and just couldn't find one that I liked, so as I have been known to do, I decided to carve one myself. I used Mastercarve rubber block, and a lino cutter to carve a very basic watermelon image. I didn't think I would actually like the image, but I actually liked it a lot!



Here are a couple of cards I made with the stamps. The one above is stamped on a white cardstock oval (nestabilities) using Papertrey Ink's Perfect Match inks in Sweet Blush, Berry Sorbet and Spring Moss. I just dabbed the stamp directly with the ink pad, then stamped twice on the oval and two more that I cut out and adhered with dimensional foam tape. Easy! The ribbon and the patterned paper are all from Papertrey as well.

This card was actually made first, and it was kind of a 'test run' with the stamps. I don't like it as much as the other one. I inked the stamps with SU! markers, added little watermelon seeds with a black Copic Spica pen. I stamped the white twill with a Papertrey flower stamp, added fruit punch stickles to the centers. The background paper is SU! stamped with Adirondack ink. I'm not sure what the clear flower stamp set is.

So, if you're ever searching for that perfect stamp and can't find it, try carving your own! It's pretty easy with bold, basic images.


1 comment:

  1. sooooooooooo - would you like to sell a watermelon stamp????!!! don't forget watermelons also come in yellow! yellow meated watermelons are delish! anyway - i'm serious about selling your watermelon stamps!!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment!